Final Blog Post

 





Final Blog Post


        Technology has made people’s lives both easier and harder depending on how each individual use it. It facilitated social interaction between people all over the world but It had also made it easier for people’s information to be stolen. When we mention the internet a question that might pop up in some people’s minds is,  how exposed are we? I believe not many people think about it before posting pictures or  personal information about them, which is not very good since what we think might not be a problem “today” could influence how others perceive us in the future.  My personal experience and relationship with technology and more specifically the internet, has mostly been a good one. I usually always watch what I am posting and I am very careful not to post something that might compromise me in a future day. Usually my public profiles only contain pictures of landscapes when I travel and some of my art work that I like to do from time to time. Although I did do some editing throughout the years on my profile pictures, I believe that most if not all are still maintaining a level of privacy about me and my life. 

    The reason why I believe my relationship with the internet is mostly healthy is because I only use to watch important videos that have to due with something I am working either game design related, funny videos, and important news as well. I also believe my relationship with internet can be healthy because I am not all the time on, I only use internet when I am bored or when I have something important to look up, and most of the times is not excessive. I can not spend hours and hours in one siting on my phone, I like to always prefer to be doing something else like drawing, watching a movie or hanging with friends.

    


Another point to consider when using the internet is how truthful information in there can and can not be. I believe that many things in the internet can inform and give knowledge to people but at the same time, it can aso be misleading depending on the source of the information. Sometimes I do worry about how the internet has the power to influence people by providing them misleading information or “fake news” that have even the power to changes people’s beliefs and actions but for the most part, I believe if the person knows how and where to look for information, the internet can help and provide knowledge for people. 




In relation to my family, I believe the internet has a huge positive impact on them and our relationship. Because I am from Brazil and most of my family live in there, without the internet it would be very hard to maintain contact and therefore relationships. Another example, would be that I can still see how my father or cousins are doing and where they are traveling to because of the posts they made. I can also talk to them or video chat them to know how they are doing. Without the internet, maintaining these relationships would be harder o close to impossible, especially since we all have our lives and it is hard to find spare time to connect with other people, especially if they are in a whole different country. 

 If a possible employer was to look for any information on my social profiles, I believe that he or she would only find about where I traveled to, how my art was and possible skills and mostly colorful pictures, but nothing that I believe would jeopardize how he or she would perceive me as an employee. I also like to think that my watching and caring for what I post I am avoiding enduring a possible headache in the future. I also believe that because I do not have a huge online presence, It is easier for me to control how positive or negatively I will be perceived for others that do not have a knowledge about how I am. 

When I google myself, I can only find a LinkedIn, instagram and Itch.oi profile, and I believe that I have nothing in there that would need editing at least for now. 

Comments