Eight values of Free expression #POST3





https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/17xGJ0MRl5GP6NjPm8AAGWsTGh6WU1kGa-th19-WJt2iZkpNaBiFpYnkps9u11fYzd24E3kLPhTcrzv10a8zbM8RUT1ql29D_k1tAfcMJin24esUwgXvBdTdRaf6n_6gG6v1atx0=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

Eight Values of Free Expression



    After reading the article about the eight values of free expression, the values in which I resonated the most were (3)"Stable Change( aka Safety Valve), (5)Check on Government power (aka watchdog role) and (7)Promote Innovation." The reason why I chose these 3 values the most, is because I personally value a lot of freedom of speech, and after reading each free expression and its definition individually, I have realized that these are the ones I mostly resonate with. 
 When looking over all of the eight values of free expression, I have also chosen the ones that I believe to be most important. Firstly, the seventh value, "Promote Innovation" is a value which I believe to be one of the most important, according to this value, in order to have a more united and energized community it is crucial to value freedom of speech, by doing this it would actively improve society as a whole.
    Another factor that caught my attention while reading this article is how many of these values are in action nowadays. Nowadays the first value which I believe to be in action today is (3) Stable Change, which states that all citizens are welcome to speak their minds positively or negatively. This is not only a crucial value to maintain balance in our government but also to improve society.
    When trying to explain something that happens in the real world, theories are always welcomed. Theories although not 100% accurate, provide an explanation for why some things happen the way they do with the most plausible supposition.

Comments